The "Pushing the Limits: A Reading, Viewing, Discussion Series for Rural Libraries" project is looking for 75 rural libraries to join a grant project funded by the National Science Foundation. This program extends the building blocks of science literacy to two new audiences: rural librarians and adults in the communities they serve. The goal of Pushing the Limits is to:
Twenty-five applicants will be selected to attend the 2013 Wisconsin Youth Services Development Institute, which will be held September 8 - 11, 2013 at the Heartwood Conference Center in Trego, Wisconsin. Would you like to attend?
Here are some great grant opportunities; start your application process now to meet the deadline dates:
- American Dream Starts @ Your Library Literacy Initiative
Deadline: August 26, 2012
Apply here: application form and details
Grant amount: $5000 to $15,000
Purpose of the grant: To help public libraries in Dollar General communities add or expand literacy services for adult English language learners.
- serve a population under 10,000 (usually under 5,000)
- be in a rural area (usually considered to be at least 30 miles from a city with a population over 40,000)
- have a limited operating budget, and
- have an active children's department