- serve a population under 10,000 (usually under 5,000)
- be in a rural area (usually considered to be at least 30 miles from a city with a population over 40,000)
- have a limited operating budget, and
- have an active children's department
The Ezra Jack Keats Foundation created Minigrants — awards of $500 given to public schools and public libraries for projects that foster creative expression, working together, and interaction with a diverse community.
The Coretta Scott King Book Awards Donation Grant
Grant: multiple copies of approximately 100 titles by African American authors and illustrators, including a full set of the year's winning and honor titles
Deadline: January 31, 2012
Application form & details
1. Libraries are invited to apply for the $3,000 Scholastic Library Publishing National Library Week Grant, which will be awarded to a single library for the best public awareness campaign incorporating the 2012 National Library Week theme, "You belong @ your library®". National Library Week is April 8-14, 2012.
"Light the Way: Outreach to the Underserved" Grant This Association for Library Service to Children (ALSC) award consists of a $3,000 grant to assist a library in conducting exemplary outreach to underserved populations through a new program or an expansion of work already being done.