- American Dream Starts @ Your Library Literacy Initiative
Deadline: August 26, 2012
Apply here: application form and details
Grant amount: $5000 to $15,000
Purpose of the grant: To help public libraries in Dollar General communities add or expand literacy services for adult English language learners.
- serve a population under 10,000 (usually under 5,000)
- be in a rural area (usually considered to be at least 30 miles from a city with a population over 40,000)
- have a limited operating budget, and
- have an active children's department
The Ezra Jack Keats Foundation created Minigrants — awards of $500 given to public schools and public libraries for projects that foster creative expression, working together, and interaction with a diverse community.
The Coretta Scott King Book Awards Donation Grant
Grant: multiple copies of approximately 100 titles by African American authors and illustrators, including a full set of the year's winning and honor titles
Deadline: January 31, 2012
Application form & details