Pflugerville Library in Texas held their event last month, and here are guidelines they provided to participants:
- You will receive tickets by staff based on the value of the items you bring.
- Bring items that are gently used or new only.
- If items have been exposed to smoke or pet hair, they need to be labeled as such.
- Please keep small items, like buttons and beads, or sets of items, like markers and pencils, bagged.
- Small tools are welcome, but please avoid bringing expensive and/or large machinery (sewing machines, die cutters, etc.)
- Once you have received your tickets, your items will be grouped with similar items at our different stations.
- “Shopping” for items with your tickets will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- If you have items left at the end of the swap, you may take them with your or leave them with staff to be used at the library or donated to Goodwill.
Holding a swap can support recycling, re-inspire local crafters, and bring new people into your library.
And don't forget to create displays of crafting books for attendees to check out!