They're accepting applications from small public libraries (serving communities with fewer than 25,000 people) that are interested in engaging their communities in a process to transform physical space and to support active learning at the library.
- Submit an application by 7pm CST on Friday, January 18, 2019.
- You may downloadn a PDF of the application in order to preview the questions before beginning the application process.
- Read the Small Libraries Create Smart Spaces FAQ and overview
The selected libraries will ...
- receive $5,000 for project materials
- collaborate with their communities to transform a space in their library to encourage more hands-on, participatory active learning.
- engage in online learning with the WebJunction team
During the first round of the project, 15 small public libraries serving rural or remote communities were chosen to participate. In addition to receiving funding support, participants attended webinars, received coaching from the WebJunction team, and were supported by fellow participants as they learned to transform cramped or underutilized spaces into vibrant, dynamic, active learning places. Take a look at the transformations from the first round of participants to see how they created smart spaces in their libraries.