Fourteen one-hour sessions are scheduled over two days: Wednesday, January 23 and Thursday January 24, 2019. There are concurrent sessions in 4 tracks, plus opening and closing sessions:
- small and mighty — 3 sessions geared toward staff who work in small and rural libraries
- library leadership — 3 webinars on hiring, library-wide teams, and customer service
- youth services — 3 sessions geared toward those who work with children, tweens, and teens
- marketing — 3 webinars on signage, leveraging library resources, and the cycle of true marketing
- opening session— Pull Your Shelf Together: Community Organizing in Libraries
- closing session — Self Care: Preventing Burn Out
Attend as many sessions as you'd like; they'll all be recorded so you can watch any that you miss. Here's the schedule:
|Wednesday, January 23|
|Pull Your Shelf Together: Community Organizing in Libraries (Opening Session)||9 - 10am||register|
|A Step-by-Step Guide to Library Hiring (Library Leadership)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|60 Teen Programs in 60 Minutes (Youth Services)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Great Expectations: Customer Service and the Future of Libraries (Library Leadership)||1 - 2pm||register|
|What Makes a Great Children’s Librarian? (Youth Services)||1 - 2pm||register|
|Silos No More: Harness Library Wide Teams for Success||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Let’s Talk About Race (Youth Services)||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Thursday, January 24|
|What They Didn’t Teach in Library School: The Cycle of True Marketing (Marketing)||9 - 10am||register|
|WHY-brarian (Small and Mighty)||9 - 10am||register|
|How to Better Leverage Library Resources for Marketing Success (Marketing)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Big Programs, Little Budget (Small and Mighty)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Step Up Your Library Signage (Marketing)||12 - 1pm||register|
|Size Doesn't Matter: Transforming Big Ideas Into Small Library Environments (Small & Mighty)||12 - 1pm||register|
|Self Care: Preventing Burn Out||2 - 3pm||register|
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1 per webinar. All sessions will be recorded, and will be available for viewing here soon after each session.
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can run the system check ahead of time, or
• an iOS®, Android®, or Windows® mobile device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• headphones, earbuds, or speakers connected to your computer, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• Read the How to Join guide or watch the 4-minute Attendee Quick Start video so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you that contains a link to join the webinar at the appointed date and time.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off any other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
The Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is a state-wide virtual conference developed by the Nicolet Federated Library System and supported by 15 other library systems and the DPI in Wisconsin. Because of this collaboration, all sessions are available to you at no cost.