Fnd them all at Best Apps for Teaching & Learning 2018, and to whet your "app-etite" here are ones you might find most useful:
- "Turn your iPhone into a video production studio ... Create and edit dynamic videos with the ability to add subtitles, animated stickers, filters, and music, all within the app."
- Complete Fairytale Play Theatre
- "Users can choose from among 60 characters and tell the classics or rethink/enhance the tales."
- Google Spotlight Stories
- "This app puts the reader in the middle of a growing number of virtual reality stories and demonstrates new possibilities for interactive storytelling. Each of the stories is a 360 video experience to be viewed within a VR viewer or on a device or screen."
- "... combines scavenger hunts with mobile technology ... to create and facilitate a customized scavenger hunt. Create a game on the GooseChase website and add missions from the mission list or make your own missions. Students use the app to join your game..."
- Hopscotch: Make Games
- “Coding may sound a bit dry and daunting ... but those are the last things that come to mind while using Hopscotch. The app lets you have as much fun making games as playing them, and with its colorful, friendly interface and stacks of help and tutorials, kids (and grown-ups!) can build all kinds of apps—while learning the fundamentals of programming."
- Metaverse – AR Browser
- "... the easiest way to create Augmented Reality experiences. Create mobile games and choose your own adventure interactive stories using the Metaverse Studio and watch them come to life in the Metaverse app browser."
- Office Lens
- "Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard and share your meeting notes with co-workers." "Printed and handwritten text will be automatically recognized (using OCR), so you can search for words in images and then copy and edit them."
- "Geared towards early childhood, RelationShapes allows young users to move and resize shapes on one side of an axis, then create a matching image on the other side. After each level, new shapes and stickers are unlocked to create fun pictures."
- Science Journal
- "Turn your phone into a light, sound, and motion sensor. Measure these experimental variables with greater accuracy and create detailed data displays."
Best Apps for Teaching & Learning