By offering these low-cost programs in the evening, caregivers of children who work during the day have the opportunity to attend events with kids too. And branding the series as "screen-free" offers caregivers a break away from ever-present tech devices.
Here's what the library is offering in the series:
- Board Game Night
- This week we are getting out the classic board games from Monopoly to Scrabble to Rummikub to Sorry. Or bring along your favorite.
- S'Mores and Ghost Stories
- This week we are breaking out the campfire and making s'mores. Plus ghost stories. The program will be held outdoors if the weather is convenient.
- Lawn Games
- This week we are heading outside and play some lawn games. From yard yahtzee, to giant jenga, to croquet, sidewalk chalk and more. Children of all ages can participate and have a good evening of family fun.
- Talent Night
- It is the end of our Summer Reading Program and we want to recognize all the talents of our wonderful patrons. All children can participate with music programs, skits, poems and more. Let a Librarian know how you would like to participate and we will sign you up. And family members, please come down and cheer on your loved ones.
Here's the library's full calendar of July events.