19 one-hour sessions are scheduled over three days: Tuesday, January 23 through Thursday January 25, 2018. In addition to the keynote, there are concurrent sessions in 5 tracks, plus a Kick Starter and a closing session:
- small and mighty — 3 webinars geared toward staff who work in small and rural libraries
- tech trends — 3 webinars on the topics of technologies that bear watching, web design, and tech support
- library leadership — 4 webinars on managing volunteers, developing leadership, ethics, and introverts as leaders
- youth services — 3 webinars geared toward those who work with children, tweens and teens
- organizational services — 3 webinars on strategies to improve internal customer service and work culture
- keynote — Librarians and Bartenders: Why People Need Us
- Kick Starter — How to Become a Great Speaker: A Step By Step Guide
- closing session — Trials and Triumphs for a Public Library Facilities Manager
Attend as many sessions as you'd like; they'll all be recorded so you can watch any that you miss. Here's the schedule:
|Tuesday, January 23:|
|Librarians and Bartenders: Why People Need Us (keynote)||1 - 2pm||register|
|Wednesday, January 24:|
|Best of the Web 2018||9 - 10am||register|
|Not Just For Kids: After Hours Programming for Adults||9 - 10am||register|
|Sharpening the Bleeding Edge: Four Technologies that Librarians Should Watch||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Developing Dynamic Leadership for Your Library||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|The Wild Introvert: Why Quieter People Are Excellent Leaders||1 - 2pm||register|
|Practical Privacy for Libraries||1 - 2pm||register|
|Ethics in the 21st Century Library||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Strategic Planning When You Can't Afford a Consultant||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Tech Notes from the Field||4 - 5pm||register|
|Managing a Vibrant Volunteer Program||4 - 5pm||register|
|Thursday, January 25:|
|How to Become a Great Speaker: A Step By Step Guide||9 - 10am||register|
|Part-Time Employees – Big Time Impact||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Is There an App for That? Working With Young People in the Digital Age||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Building Respect Inside the Library Walls||1 - 2pm||register|
|Huge Impact, Low Cost||1 - 2pm||register|
|Above and Beyond: Developing a Culture of Organizational Citizenship||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Building Family Engagement Systems Within and Across Library Services||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Trials and Triumphs for a Public Library Facilities Manager||4 - 5pm||register|
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1 per webinar; some sessions may qualify as technology-related activities. All sessions will be recorded, and will be available for viewing here soon after each session.
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can run the system check ahead of time, or
• an iOS®, Android®, or Windows® mobile device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• headphones, earbuds, or speakers connected to your computer, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• Read the Join Guide or watch the 4-minute Attendee Quick Start video so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you that contains a link to join the webinar at the appointed date and time.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off any other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
The Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is a state-wide virtual conference developed by the Nicolet Federated Library System and supported by 15 other library systems and the DPI in Wisconsin. Because of this collaboration, all sessions are available to you at no cost.