The 5th annual Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is full of great stuff, and you don't need to drive anywhere to attend it — participate from your office, home, or on the go.
19 one-hour sessions are scheduled over three days: Tuesday, January 24 through Thursday January 26, 2017. In addition to keynotes and a closing session, there are concurrent sessions in 5 tracks:
- small but mighty — 3 webinars geared toward staff who work in small and rural libraries
- staff empowerment — 3 webinars geared toward staff who want to feel self-empowered with patrons and employees
- tech trends — 4 webinars on the topics of trends, tools, makerspaces, and coding
- library leadership — 3 webinars geared toward library managers or directors
- youth services — 3 webinars geared toward those who work with children, tweens and teens
Attend as many sessions as you'd like; they'll all be recorded so you can watch any that you might miss. Here's the schedule:
|Tuesday, January 24:|
|Sustainable Thinking For the Future of Libraries (keynote)||1 - 2pm||register|
|Wednesday, January 25:|
|Staying Well @ Your Library||9 - 10am||register|
|Web Trends to Watch in 2017||9 - 10am||register|
|Teaching Patrons to be Successful in the Library||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Absolutely Free (and Practically Unknown) Online Tools You Didn’t Know You Needed||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Dream Big, Learn Code||1 - 2pm||register|
|Talking to Teens About Books||1 - 2pm||register|
|The Idea Studio: More Than Just a Makerspace||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Planning & Evaluating Programs & Services for Youth||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|People Have the Power||4 - 5pm||register|
|How the Boston Public Library Designed Their New Children's Library to Provide Modern-Day Services for Kids||4 - 5pm||register|
|Thursday, January 26:|
|How to Do the Extra Mile (When You’re Running on Empty)||9 - 10am||register|
|Implementing Core Competencies for Your Library Staff||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Library Maintenance DIY||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|On My Honor: Creating an Ethical Work Environment||1 - 2pm||register|
|The Myth of a Work-Life Balance for a Small Library Director||1 - 2pm||register|
|You Can Do It: Coaching and Disciplining Library Employees||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Dealing with Challenging Patrons: Safety and Security in Our Libraries||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Trigger Decks: 5 mini-presentations by 5 presenters||4 - 5pm||register|
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1 per webinar; some sessions may qualify as technology-related activities. All sessions will be recorded, and will be available for viewing here soon after each session.
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
• an iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• headphones, earbuds, or speakers connected to your computer, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• Download the Attendee Guide so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you that contains a link to join the webinar at the appointed date and time.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off any other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
The Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is a state-wide virtual conference developed by the Nicolet Federated Library System and supported by 15 other library systems and the DPI in Wisconsin. Because of this collaboration, all sessions are available to you at no cost.