If you're interested in early childhood literacy and storytimes, you can use Supercharged Storytimes to explore early literacy concepts and find specific strategies to reinforce those concepts for kids, parents, and caregivers.
There is no cost for public library staff and volunteers in Wisconsin to join, and the space will be available through March 31, 2016.
Upon joining the Supercharged learning community, public library staff members and volunteers in Wisconsin will have access to:
- Recorded webinars that provide an overview of the significance of specific early literacy concepts, and strategies for enhancing interactivity in your practice;
- Online supporting materials, such as videos, articles, tools and tip sheets;
- Supercharged discussion forums, offering the ability to share ideas and collaborate with other public library colleagues around the state.
For more information on the learning available in this space, review the Supercharged Storytimes Orientation Outline.
To sign up:
- Go to learn.webjunction.org and click on “Log in” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Have a WebJunction account? Simply log in with your username and password.
- New to WebJunction? Follow the instructions to create a new account.
- After logging in, enroll in Supercharged Central – Wisconsin by going to the WebJunction Course Catalog and search courses by entering: Supercharged
- At the enrollment options page, select the Supercharged Central community for Wisconsin, and then click on “Enroll me.”
- After you select “Enroll me,” you will be see the Supercharged Storytimes community of practice page:
The Wisconsin Division of Libraries and Technology was selected to partner with OCLC’s WebJunction program to bring Supercharged Storytimes to local providers, given the demonstrated leadership and commitment to early learning by libraries in our state.
Hat tip to Tessa Michaelson Schmidt, Public Library Youth and Special Services Consultant, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction