The 4th annual Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is full of great stuff, and you don't need to drive anywhere to attend it — participate from your office, home, or on the go.
8 one-hour sessions are scheduled for each of two days: Wednesday January 20 and Thursday January 21, 2016. In addition to each day's keynote and closing session, there are concurrent sessions and 4 tracks:
- library leadership — 4 webinars geared toward library leaders or those who are interested in taking leadership roles
- small but mighty — 3 webinars geared to small and rural libraries
- super services — 3 webinars geared toward providing excellent service in & outside of our libraries
- youth services — 4 webinars geared toward librarians who work with children, tweens and teens
Attend as many sessions as you'd like; they'll all be recorded so you can watch any that you might miss. Here's the schedule:
|Wednesday, January 20:|
|Super Searcher Secrets (keynote)||9 - 10am||register|
|Creating Signature Events for Rural Libraries (Small, But Mighty Track)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|My Ten Biggest Mistakes – and How to Avoid Them (Library Leadership Track)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Harness the Power of Small Libraries (Small, But Mighty Track)||1 - 2pm||register|
|Think Like a Project Manager, Act Like a Library Leader (Library Leadership Track)||1 - 2pm||register|
|Decentralized Leadership: Building Organizations That Can Succeed From All Levels (Library Leadership Track)||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Developing Library Leaders (Leadership, Youth and Small Tracks)||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Look Outside of Your Box: Trends to Watch (closing session)||4 - 5pm||register|
|Thursday, January 21:|
|YOU Are the Media: How to Use Web Tools to Publish, Broadcast and Tell Your Library's Story (keynote)||9 - 10am||register|
|Transforming Tech Training Services (Super Services Track)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|Punch Up Your Teen Programming: Knockout Ideas Under $30 (Youth Services Track)||10:30 - 11:30am||register|
|And Now for Something Completely Different: Creating a "Culture of Yes" (Super Services Track)||1 - 2pm||register|
|Press Play! Injecting Play into Library Programs for Kids (Youth Services Track)||1 - 2pm||register|
|Hospitality in the Library (Super Services Track)||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Road Maps and Sign Posts: Planning Ahead for a Successful Storytime (Youth Services Track)||2:30 - 3:30pm||register|
|Trigger Decks: 6 mini-presentations by 6 presenters (closing session)||4 - 5pm||register|
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1 per webinar; some sessions may qualify as technology-related activities. All sessions will be recorded, and will be available for viewing soon after each session.
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
• an iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• headphones, earbuds, or speakers connected to your computer, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• Download the Attendee Guide so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you from Jamie Matczak at email@example.com.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off any other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
The Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference was developed by the Nicolet Federated Library System, and the 2016 conference is sponsored by 14 other library systems: Arrowhead, Bridges, Eastern Shores, Indianhead, Kenosha, Manitowoc-Calumet, Mid-Wisconsin, Milwaukee County, Northern Waters, Outagamie Waupaca, South Central, Southwest, Winding Rivers, Winnefox, and Wisconsin Valley. Because of this collaboration, all sessions are available to you without cost.