When Ben Bizzle and Jeannie Allen created the "Library Facebook Images Dropbox" to store & share images which help libraries increase social media engagement, they didn't imagine that in only two years it would grow to a collection of over 1000 images, with more than 800 librarian members. But because shared Dropbox folders weren't the best platform for that level of collaboration, the collection now lives at a website that's easier to use.
Here's how to use it:
- Register for a free account at www.librarymarket.com/dropbox
- Bookmark the page for easy access
- Click on an image you want, and download it to use on your library's Facebook page, Pinterest board, flyer, website, etc.
- You can even upload your own images to share
Over 1000 images are arranged in categories for browsing:
- book love
- cover photos (sized 851 x 315 pixels to fit your library's Faceook page cover)
- quotes & musings
- risky and risqué
- vote libraries
These images are intended strictly for non-commercial use by libraries on social media platforms.
Use it, as well as the Winnefox Website Image Gallery and other resources from the April 2015 Sparks post Free and Legal-to-Use Images for Your Website & Social Media to enhance your library's social media and marketing efforts.
Image credit: Library Facebook Images Dropbox Someecards page