The Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference is full of great stuff, and you don't need to drive anywhere to attend it — watch from your office, home, or on the go.
Ten one-hour sessions are scheduled over two days: Wednesday January 21 and Thursday January 22, 2015. You can attend one, five, or all ten presentations.
The topics this year are:
|Wednesday, January 21:|
|Creating Exceptional Patron Experiences||9 - 10am||register here|
|Creating Welcoming and Accessible Libraries for Children with Special Needs||10:30 - 11:30am||register here|
|Using Tablets to Improve Customer Service||1 - 2pm||register here|
|Marketing Outside the Library||2:30 - 3:30pm||register here|
|Real Conversations about Love in Libraries||4 - 5pm||register here|
|Thursday, January 22:|
|Stop the Whining: How to Complain Effectively||9 - 10am||register here|
|What You Need to Know About Library Technology||10:30 - 11:30am||register here|
|Listening to the Future of Libraries||1 - 2pm||register here|
|Six Essential Skills for One-on-One Tech Instruction||2:30 - 3:30pm||register here|
|Trigger Talks: 6, six-minute presentations on a variety of topics, by 6 presenters||4 - 5pm||register here|
Contact hours for continuing education toward public librarian re-certification: 1 per webinar; some sessions may qualify as technology-related activities. All sessions will be recorded, and will be available for viewing soon after each session.
To participate: all you need for the visual is either...
• an internet-connected computer; you can test your computer & connection ahead of time, or
• an iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device; just download the free GoToWebinar app ahead of time
For the audio, either...
• headphones, earbuds, or speakers connected to your computer, or
• use a telephone or speakerphone to call in (long distance rates apply)
New to webinars?
• Download an Attendee Quick Reference Guide so you'll know what to expect.
• As soon as you register for a webinar, a confirmation email will be sent to you from Jamie Matczak at customercare @ gotowebinar.com.
• You'll receive an email reminder prior to each webinar, which will have a link which reads, "Click here to join" — this is the link you'll click to connect to a session.
• Before joining a webinar session, please turn off any other software or processes on your computer that would compete with your Internet bandwidth. (Programs like automatic updates, instant messaging, email, etc., if running during the webinar, may degrade the quality of the webinar's audio and video.)
The Wild Wisconsin Winter Web Conference was developed by the Nicolet Federated Library System, and the 2015 conference is sponsored by 14 other library systems: Arrowhead, Eastern Shores, Indianhead, Manitowoc-Calumet, Mid-Wisconsin, Milwaukee County, Northern Waters, Outagamie Waupaca, South Central, Southwest, Waukesha County, Winding Rivers, Winnefox, and Wisconsin Valley. Because of this collaboration, all sessions are available to you without cost.