- Displays should be popular. While a fair amount of time might be spent filling a display fixture, the ultimate goal is for that fixture to be empty. If, after a day or so, the same books are still on the display unit, consider a new topic.
- Promote "hidden" collections. One of the most popular displays I ever developed featured National Geographic DVDs. These were "hidden" in our collection, inter-filed with books...
- You want them to check display items out, so make it clear that they can.
- Let your community inspire your displays.
- Have fun! Displays should be fun, both for you to create and for your customers to browse.
Collect them all! Get the rest of the tips + details at Twenty Rules for Better Book Displays.