Now, enter your photos in the LibraryThing Book Spine Poetry Contest:
- Deadline: Add your photos by 3 p.m. CST on Friday, September 7, 2012
- Enter as many times as you like
- Take a look at last year's entries for inspiration
How to participate:
- Create a poem using book spines. The poem can incorporate any element of the spine you like (color, text, whatever). Theme / length / format is entirely up to you (bonus points if it’s about books, reading, or LibraryThing, though!). If you need some inspiration, there are some great examples here, or here (the latter are the works of our guest judge).
- Take some photos of your poem.
- Upload the photo to your LT member gallery. Sign in, then go here and click the “Add another picture” link to add the image.*
- When adding the image, tag it “SpinePoetry2012″. This will add your image to the contest gallery, and counts as your entry into the contest. If your photo doesn’t have the tag, we won’t know that you’ve entered. You’ll be able to see all the entries here.
- Tell us about it in the “Title/description” box. You can include a list of the books you used, a transcription of the poem if you want, any explanation, &c.
- Three lifetime gift memberships
- A LibraryThing t-shirt (size/color of your choice)
- A LibraryThing library stamp
- A CueCat
- A LibraryThing sticker
- Great honor
LibraryThing is a cataloging and social networking site for book lovers. "Because everyone catalogs together, LibraryThing also connects people with the same books, comes up with suggestions for what to read next, and so forth."