Dave E. Goldfein posted on the WisPubLib discussion list, "We are considering establishing a collection of console games to circulate here at La Crosse public library. Can everyone share what they are doing related to console games?" You can read all the responses here. Dave said:
In summary it looks like the games circ like mad and there is not much issue with theft. Wii games followed by Xbox360 and PS2 seem to be the most popular.
He received lots of responses to these specific questions:
- Which systems do you support (Wii, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, DS, etc)?
- What are your most popular titles? How many items do you have?
- What are you doing about security? Has there been much theft?
- Do they circulate frequently?
Samples of some of the replies he got:
- "We have been circulating games for over a year now, and they are incredibly popular."
- "The Library has been circulating console game disks for about a year and a half. So far, it’s been a rousing success."
photo: The Shifted Librarian