Want to attend the 2012 Public Library Association (PLA) Conference in Philadelphia, all expenses paid?
Do you work at a library that serves a population of 50,000 or less?
If your answer to both questions is yes, fill out this application form by January 18th!
Gale’s Small Library Support Program annual award consists of 2 scholarship awards, covering all expenses to attend the 2012 Public Library Association (PLA) Conference March 13-17th in Philadelphia, PA. It covers the cost of lodging, registration, travel, and reimbursement to cover the library staff’s time away from work (temp replacement, etc.).
Deadline: essays must be submitted by January 18, 2012.
Applicants must be staff from small and/or rural libraries serving a population of 50,000 or less. All applicants must submit a brief response of no more than 500 words answering ONE of TWO questions:
- "How will attending the PLA Conference help me or my small or rural library bridge the digital divide for my patrons?” OR
- “How will attending the PLA conference help me to increase innovative or unique advocacy efforts to demonstrate value (or change perceptions about libraries) in my community."
- clarity of content and form
- clear goals and benefits of attendance
- commitment to the value of small/rural libraries
- real life examples
- potential growth perceived